Sunday, May 9, 2010

Refreshing my window boxes

My dining room has three windows that let in lots of great light - unfortunately they face the wall of my neighbor's house. I installed two window boxes and last year planted some salvia to help improve the view. Alas, this is what they looked like this morning:


I decided to spruce them up and went to Flowercraft in search of some plants that do well in pots and grow tall enough to be seen in the windows. I left with eight armeria plants, which I potted.
Now my window boxes look like this:


And even though I just planted them, the flowers already peek above the windowsill:


The view is still a little bleak, but the flowers already make it look more cheery. Hopefully they will fill out and get a bit taller - some curtains would help too...

No comments:

Post a Comment